Thursday, July 21, 2011

being 32 years old

I've tweaked the training schedule to allow Thursday to be my day off instead of Friday.   Our Bible study is on Thursday, which does not give me enough time after work (once work starts back up) to run, eat and be out the door by 6:30.  Also this allows my long run to be on Saturday instead of Sunday.  This works perfectly because I am a HUGE fan of the NFL.  I am one of those guys who lives and dies by how the Denver Broncos play.  Lately it hasn't been too pretty.  I am also one of those guys who love to play fantasy football.  I honestly feel like I could write a whole blog on that topic.   I guess I don't because I know I would get a WTF look from my wife when I ask her if she's read my post on a strength of schedule analysis or bye week drafting.  It's much "cooler" to be writing about what I am writing about now.
a picture says a thousand words
I am in the middle of week 3 and the big miles have not started yet.  With that being said, I do feel fresh and strong right now.  The lower abdominal strain that has kept me out of my city basketball league has not really been noticeable after I get warmed up during the first .5 mile of each run.  I am going to the chiropractor for the first time in about 7 years to alleviate a crick in my neck today.  For some reason I always thought that I would be immune from all the little problems that happen once you get into your 30s.
The hardest part of being in my 30s is actually having to think about what I am eating and knowing that if I don’t I will start to put on weight.  Ever since high school I have consistently been 165 lbs.  When I lifted a lot of weights in my early 20s I got up to 170 lbs.  When I ran my first marathon in 2007 I got down to 155 lbs.  Within the last year or so I have said goodbye to 165 and the scale normally tips somewhere around 170, which is what I weighed the morning I started my training.  Ideally I would like to be around 160 lbs come November and so far I have gained half a pound!  Definitely not the end of the world, but I feel I have been “good” with what I have been eating.   I still have 15 weeks for the scale to start going in the right direction, and I think/hope it will, but right now I’m a tad disappointed with this one aspect of everything. 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a good health and hopping you to see up back with your passion and love for the game,as age is never a matter for a Fantasy Football lover and all.

    ReplyDelete